Here’s the basics…
- Born John Monroe Hoyt in Fayetteville, AR in 1965
- Lived in Los Angeles for 7.5 years, then back to AR, then South Carolina in ’98
- Wife: Pamela McAbee Hoyt, originally from Greenville, SC
- Daughter: Megan Hoyt – Graduate of Converse College for Music Therapy and owner of Heart Strings Music Therapy
- Son: Brett Albertson – Former Easley HS football center, graduate of The Citadel, graduate of Clemson SC, and serving as a Captain in the US Air Force!
- We reside in Simpsonville, and previously in Easley, SC
I spend week days working at our family business, Homeland Secure IT, providing computer, server and network sales & services, while Pamela works at her family’s business, McAbee’s Carpet where they design and make beautiful rugs.
Of course, outside of work, we have family activities, fun out with friends, and way too many hobbies!
A few hobbies and interests:
- Ham radio – Everyone in our family holds an amateur radio license, mine is W5UGD
- County Hunting – it’s part of ham radio. We even hold a mini convention for it
- Music – Megan, Brett and I all play instruments, my band is a working professional dance and party band called Hot As A Pepper
- Radio controlled vehicles such as trucks, planes and helicopters
- REAL vehicles – including my Dad’s Miata
- Electronics – Designing and building things
- Photography – I love shooting anything interesting – Here’s more about that
- Firearms – I love shooting anything interesting – Pamela & I both have concealed carry permits.
- Songwriting – I have written and performed a number of tunes with various bands
- Pets – We have THREE cats.
- Eating – I REALLY enjoy eating! You can tell by looking at me!
- Drinking – I enjoy creating fun concoctions and consuming them
- Networking – Pamela and I enjoy meeting with others and learning new things
More to come as I find time to update the site… In the mean-time, please connect with me on Facebook, Twitter or Linked In.